The E-Firestorm 10T is already a popular, durable and quick truck, so how could HPI designers possibly make it better? By adding crystalless 2.4GHz radio gear to make it easy to drive with your friends and waterproof electronics that allow you to drive in really tough conditions! We didn’t want to stop there, so we added a LiPo battery safety cut-off to the speedo, tossed in a powerful 8.4 volt battery pack and charger, plus AA batteries for the transmitter! To top things off we’ve upgraded the looks with stylish chrome-plated Split 5 wheels and a sweet all-new design for the bodyshell!
The E-Firestorm now has an enclosed receiver box to keep the 2.4GHz receiver protected from the elements for glitch-free operation. A new SF-10W waterproof steering servo
means your E-Firestorm won't be stopped by wet conditions like rain, snow, and mud.
2.4GHz RADIO SYSTEM
Controlling the E-Firestorm 10T is easy with the HPI 2.4GHz radio system. No need to worry about changing crystals, the radio prevents frequency conflicts automatically. If the truck loses radio signal or battery power, an electronic failsafe will bring it to a safe and controlled stop.
WATERPROOF SPEEDO with LiPo CUT-OFF
Unique to the E-Firestorm 10T, the waterproof SC-15WP electronic speed controller features a LiPo battery cut-off to make your driving time safe as well as fun! The kit comes with a powerful 2000mAh 8.4v NiMH battery which doesn't need a cut-off, but if you want to use an optional 2S Lithium-Polymer battery the speedo stops the motor and other electronics drawing power from the battery before it reaches the lowest safe voltage level. This makes sure any LiPo battery isn't discharged too much, extending its lifetime while protecting your batteries!
100% READY TO RUN!
The E-Firestorm 10T 2.4GHz comes with absolutely everything you need right out of the box! You get a powerful 8.4 volt battery for huge acceleration and maximum punch, a handy wall charger for safe and reliable charging, PLUS alkaline batteries for the transmitter! It absolutely does not get easier to get right into off-road driving!
TOUGH is the word that best describes the E-Firestorm 10T. Everywhere you look, the critical parts have been designed to withstand the rigors of off-road racing. The key to durability for any 2WD stadium truck is the transmission, and the E-Firestorm 10T transmission is extra tough, using all metal gears to easily handle the power of hot electric motors. Inside the transmission is a sealed planetary differential with, again, all metal gears for extra toughness. And everything is protected by an adjustable dual-pad slipper clutch mated to durable 48 pitch gears, with tough steel dogbones and axles transmit the power to the tires.
COMPLETE RACING SUSPENSION
The E-Firestorm uses the tough suspension design and suspension geometry from the nitro Firestorm 10T truck for extreme ruggedness,durability and great spares availability. The extra-long suspension arms are damped by adjustable long-strock shock absorbers, and turnbuckle camber links can be mounted in multiple locations for fine-tuning of the handling. All of the plastic parts aremoulded from tough nylon for impact absorbtion and strength. At the front, alloy steel axles spin on top-quality rubber-sealed ball bearings for the best efficiency possible, while at the rear, strong steel outdrives, dogbones and axles ensure you have the reliability and ruggedness to take on the most extreme terrain.
The shock absorbers are professionally assembled and filled with real silicone shock oil for consistent shock action no matter the conditions at the track. Fitted with big coil-over springs and equipped with threaded adjustable shock bodies, the shocks can take big hits and are easily adjustable for all racing conditions. Steel turnbuckles let you make fast adjustmnents, and different mounting points allow you to adjust roll centre for advanced race tuning. The front and rear wheels use HPI 12mm 'step' type aluminium hex adapters, letting you use any HPI rear wheels you have in your collection on the front OR rear!
The E-Firestorm 10T features a brand new pre-painted bodyshell in a cool 'megaprint' design. The DSX-2 body comes completely trimmed, decaled and mounted for the ultimate in ease. The intricate paint design features an extreme sports-inspired layout for a concours-quality appearance. You can always customize your truck with any of the clear or pre-painted polycarbonate body shells from the huge assortment of HPI bodies and other manufacturers as well! To set off the new paint schemes, the E-Firestorm 10T is topped off with a set of chrome Split 5 wheels.
FULL ASSEMBLY INSTRUCTIONS
As with all HPI cars and trucks, you get a full, in-depth instruction manual with step-by-step instructions that allow you to easily disassemble and reassemble your truck for maintenance and easy servicing. The manual also includes a handy parts list and full-scale drawings of the parts and hardware.
E-FIRESTORM 10T 2.4GHz FEATURES SUMMARY:
- Waterproof ESC for smooth and efficient motor control
- LiPo-safe battery voltage cut-off for using LiPo battery packs
- SF-10W waterproof steering servo
- Composite main chassis is lightweight and durable
- Suspension geometry and components from the Firestorm 10T
- Nimble handling and easy to drive in all conditions
- Many existing Firestorm option parts bolt directly on to maximize performance
- Vertically adjustable front and rear camber links are easily adjustable to suit conditions and driving styles
- Adjustable shock positions (3 upper and 2 lower) to maximize suspension performance
- Adjustable wheelbase to tune the length of the truck to suit driving conditions
- Adjustable rear toe and anti-squat for quick adjustment to fine tune handling
- High quality thumbscrews on battery retainer for secure and tool-free battery access. Fits most Li-Po packs an 6-7 cell NiMh packs
- Dual pad slipper clutch protects the drive train on hard landings
- Durable low-profile 2.6:1 ratio ALL METAL gear transmission is extremely durable and capable of handling very powerful motors
- Sealed planetary gear differential for nearly zero maintenance, maximum reliability and convenience of tuning differential action with heavy weight silicone oils
- Strong alloy steel dog bones for simplicity and durability
- 14 ball bearings throughout the drive train for maximum speed and efficiency
- Turnbuckles used for each camber link and steering rod allow fine adjustment of the suspension geometry to suit your driving style and track conditions
- Threaded shock bodies allow fine adjustment of ride height
- Silicone oil filled shocks for high performance and more consistent damping in extreme temperatures
- Aluminum 12mm wheel hex adapters used front and rear are compatible with all HPI 1/10th scale truck rear wheels. Allows many different wheel and tire combinations to adapt to driving conditions and numerous styling options
- Alloy steel front axles are extremely durable
- Captured hinge pin design used throughout for easy maintenance with no E-clips
- Lay down steering servo for the lowest possible center of gravity
- High quality hex head machine screws used throughout for simple maintenance
- Adjustable height body mounts allow a variety of body styles to fit the chassis for a custom look
- Ground Assault taper pin rear tires and Front Line ribbed front tires for high traction and long life on nearly any surface
- Shiny chrome Split 5 wheels made from high impact nylon for extreme durability
- 48 pitch pinion and spur gear for maximum efficiency and reliability, protected by a molded gear cover to keep debris away from the gears
- Pre-painted DSX-2 body with custom silkscreen assets/images
- 2000mAh 8.4 volt battery pack and wall charger included
- Transmitter AA batteries included - get out and race!